Monday, July 16, 2012

Into Wisconsin

Wisconsin State Flag

Cousin Patricia and her boy Joey

Lake Michigan's hot sandy shoreline in Kenosha

My cousin 'SPIKE'

 Lee...this guy has done some tours and Barbara Schaefer

Getting ready to roll again at Brookfield's TREK store on Capital Drive...excellent service

Lake Michigan's shorebirds staying cool on a hot summer day
  
But I do as the Father commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Rise, let us go from here.
                                                                                             John 14:31

This summer of 2012 has been exceptionally warm according to my standards and I value the opportunity to travel north and stay close to large bodies of water (like Lake Michigan).

One thing I noticed while traveling on the Green Bay bike trail north is that it turned from crushed limestone in Illinois to a paved trail when I crossed into Wisconsin. I've come to understand that Wisconsin taxpayers give a higher percentage of their income to the State compared with most other states. In turn, I hypothesize that the paved bike trails are one of the results of that sacrifice. Thank you Wisconsinites for making your State a higher caliber place to ride for the touring cyclist.

After learning about the death of my mother's brother, I made it a priority to get to the Milwaukee area for the funeral. Although I was sad to lose my uncle Bill, his funeral provided a excellent opportunity to reconnect with cousins and family. 

The folks at thebikeshop 2926 75th St. Kenosha fixed me up with some new cleats for my new biking shoes, so I want to give those guys a plug...good selection and service.

I also want to officially thank the hosts on this leg. Patricia Quesnell and her boy Joey, aunt Joan & uncle Joe Schaefer, Carolyn & Chod Kiker and uncle Lee and Barbara Schaefer. You embellished my Wisconsin experience with quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment