Thursday, July 26, 2012

Big Pappy

Big Pappy tending to his Brookfield garden


A river crossing of the Interurban Bike Trail in Cedarbug




A beautiful quite Wisconsin wooded area


Old Glory with the United States Marine flag in tow...Semper Fi...OO RAH!

Country Barn with some Patriotic Spirit...Go for the Olympic GOLD in the Summer Games. Go For It  U.S.A.!

Beautiful Lake Michigan Coastline

Swimmer enjoying the exceptionally warm water with lots of sand

Anglers sporting their catch in Port Washington
                                            
But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in Spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
                                                                                     John 4:23-24
   

Wisconsin is home to many family members of mine including my Dad. He is a irreplaceable part of my life and words can't express what he is to me . He's my Alpha, Mr. Milwaukee, Mr. Wisconsin, Mr. America, Mr. World, Solar System and Galaxy; Mr. Universe, My Big Dog, The Big Kahuna, Super Nova and Big Bang. I view my life to be a manifestation and continuation of his. He's a ex-marine, "Once A Marine, Always A Marine". Every time I'm in the Milwaukee area I like to make it a point to spend some time with him. On this stay I enjoyed the opportunity to help him with some yard work at his Brookfield home.

In my Father's house are many dwelling places.
                                            John 14:2

After my visits in suburban Milwaukee, I moved northeast toward the Big Shigueme (Lake Michigan) and started working my way up it's coastline. More water has been leaving the Great lakes than being replaced in recent history. I attribute one of those reasons to the opening of the Chicago River. This river flows into the Illinois river that flows into the Mississippi and then, into the Gulf of Mexico. This new project doesn't only increase the rate of water loss in Lake Michigan and Lake Superior, but I view it like Chicago's toilet. The fresh Lake water replaces the stagnant polluted waters of Chicagoland.  Because of the lower water levels in the Great Lakes, more coastline is exposed. In Lake Michigan's case, I think this is positive because there is more exposed sand and beach to enjoy.

The Interurban Trail parallels Lake Michigan in southeastern Wisconsin; this trail is linked with a variety of other state trails but, I didn't explore those. The weather has been so hot that it motivated me to find refuge near the Big Lake as quickly as possible. Irregardless; I took advantage of and enjoyed the opportunity to visit some quaint and picturesque Wisconsin coastline. Cedarburg, Port Washington and Manitowoc were some of my favorite stops. I also enjoyed Two Rivers and the Point Beach State Park north of there.

The Marina in Port Washington is home to a fleet of sport fishing vessels that run charter trips. For $600 you can rent a boat with a captain and deckhand and go out until you catch your limit or 6 hours goes by. The folks I met caught their limit and were back in Port about 1 hour early. Oh, the crew cleans your catch too. Lake Michigan is significantly warmer this year compared with it's past averages (probably because there isn't as much water). Therefore; swimming is something that you can do for extended periods...very nice.

Father, I thank you for hearing me; you always hear me.
                                                          John 11:41
A tribute and monument to those who've served as a United States Marine
                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment