Monday, July 9, 2012

CHICAGO-The Windy City

"The Journey is the reward"
                                Chinese Proverb

Although my time in the Chicago area was not adversely affected by bad weather, I must say that the summer season is in full swing. I'm glad I decided to move north when I did on this tour...no shortage of 80+ degree days in this northern part of America.

I did take advantage of the opportunity to take the train downtown where I spent the day walking around and sightseeing. Millennium Park was the highlight of that day. There is a large curvy sculpture there called "The Cloud", or "The Bean". It was designed by an English artist and is approximately 130' X 60' X 20' high.
Millennium Park Cloud

Fascinating Shape, Size & Perspective

Beautiful day in downtown Chicago




Jeweler's Row inside Chicago's Loop

Afternoon symphony rehearsal in the Park



A fisherman working the Fox River

Dave the Dwagman working his Carpentersville, IL business
The surface is glassy smooth and ultra reflective. You can see distorted images of the downtown skyline, people and the near surroundings from infinite perspectives. What an incredible display of innovation, foresight and concern for the public. I also had the opportunity to experience some free symphony music at the pavilion area. There are permanent seats as well as a overhead awning for sun protection. A very reviving and memorable place to spend some time.

2 comments:

  1. I have visited your blog for the first time and found it a well organized blog. Keep sharing nice stuff.Jewelers Row Chicago

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and impressive blog. Thanks for this great blog....Jewelers Row Chicago

    ReplyDelete