Monday, February 13, 2012

Bolivar Penninsula

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord.
                                    Luke 1:46

I accessed the Bolivar Peninsula from the northeast side of Galveston via a free ferryboat. It was nice to get on the water and have a ocean breeze. Once on the Peninsula I enjoyed the dry roads with noticeably less traffic and not much development. Although cloudy and breezy, the views were expansive. I like being close to the ocean.

Never have I experienced  mosquitos on such a mission as when I stopped for some groceries. Clothing, repellent with a lot of deet and a not so swift hand were not enough to halt the pests. I felt like they got the best of me even though there was a strong wind. This is mosquito country...so beware.


Coastal birds checking me out...GREAT FLYERS!


Some Galveston coastline property

Roseate Spoonbill getting lunch

Coastal House on stilts...flood protection
After getting across the peninsula I headed back inland to Bayou country

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking the time to keep us posted.
    You are seeing some very interesting terrain.
    You have to work very hard bicycling many hours before you get some of thosee nice views. I get to see them with no effort and a quick click on the computer. Carolyn is coming to San Diego for a visit.
    I always enjoy seeing here. She wants to work with me doing some painting while she is here. I gave Mike Sponsel his wheelbarrow back today. He was doingsome more concrete work. The canyon across the street looks great. Stuff is really starting to grow. I have pretty much been on the go almost 7 days a week. Take time and relax a little and enjoy yourself. Be careful out there and watch out for the other guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes TommyBoy, safety is a primary concern in all aspects of life. It's good to practice defensive driving habits and try to anticipate other people's errors before you're affected.

      It was great to see you this summer at Lake Michigan. Thanks for your prayers and support during my travels.

      The fruit trees love the water. I hope you keep up the good works bro.

      Delete