Thursday, December 1, 2011

Rio Grande Sighting

Barrell Cactus & friends
As I loved you. So you also should love one another.
                                                              John 13:34

Finally made it to Del Rio after spending time in Sanderson and Langtry. Although Sanderson claims to be the cactus capital of Texas, the cactus garden at the Langtry visitors center takes the honors. Quite the place and well worth the time if you're in the area. One thing I must say about the visitors centers in Texas, is that they are well designed, resourceful and accommodating.

I took a walk across the swiftly flowing green Rio Grande today and enjoyed the afternoon in Ciudad Acuna (Mexico). I was able to get both dental and eye exams free of charge. I recommend that anybody with limited incomes who needs dental services patronize the dentists in Mexico. Your money goes a lot further there than in the U.S.A. From my experiences with Mexican dental services, you'll pay roughly 30% of the costs you'd pay for dental work in America and that's with insurance!

The weather was great today, the temperature reached well into the 70's. I'm happy to be further south this time of year whereas, I'm not to fond of battling cold and wind while cycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment