Friday, December 9, 2011

Heart of Texas

Church of San Fernando-San Antonio, Texas

Government building-San Antonio

Alamo-San Antonio
You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
                                   Leviticus 19:18

I consider San Antonio to be "Deep I The Heart of Texas" and that's where I am now. I've never seen a area as dedicated to medical research or as expansive as the facilities here in San Antonio. Unfortunately, it's been pretty difficult to safely cycle around town with so few bike lanes,  buckling sidewalks, as well as jutting mailboxes, trees, and telephone poles.  I'm a survivor so far though.

Fortunately, I've had the opportunity to spend the last few days with a nurse friend where I was able to thaw out from the nightly freezing temperatures. Having access to a kitchen and a warm shower was nice too.

I hope everyone is in the Holiday Spirit (filled with Goodness and Light).  Although I haven't been logging to many miles this week, I've been able to send out some Holiday cards.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Francis, We enjoyed meeting you and hearing about your adventures while at The Alamo! We plan to keep up with you through your blog, be safe! Dave and JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your interest JoAnn and Dave, I enjoyed meeting you as well.

      Good health to you.

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas Francis - May God's grace fill your heart this season of Advent and bring you great JOY. Choir concerts were good and Christmas is in the air here. It's been very chilly in the mornings and we are getting some rain. My horse Pete is missing not getting out due to weather. Sun shining today. Please be safe and just dropped in to say HI. Won't be long until baseball season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, what's with the Padres this year? They're having problems holding leads. I wonder why they trade their good relievers like Heath Bell and Treavor Hoffman (retired). I guess it's about the $.

      Greetings to the choir for me.

      Good health to you.

      How's Pete?

      Delete