Sunday, October 30, 2011

Made it to Top Of The World


This Highway 60 tunnel is one scarey place...tough eastbound upgrade

Evening shadows falling on Arizona Canyon east of Globe
I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.
                                          John 6:35

Well, I feel like I accomplished something big by making up the grade into the Pinal mountains, thru the tunnel and then onto Globe. The Grade of the road (Hwy 60) between Superior and Top Of The World  was so extreme that I walked my bike most of the way. This distance was over 7 miles where the elevation climbed over 1,700 feet! By the time I made it to Top Of The World I was out of water. Happily, I spent the $2 for a gallon there to replenish my supply. The ride into Globe from there went quickly as I descended about 1,000 feet while exceeding speeds of 45mph.

I'm taking Sunday off to rest my legs and enjoy some NFL match ups.










.

No comments:

Post a Comment