Sunday, November 11, 2012

Into Maryland


Many local folks think the Maryland State flag is the most beautiful in America.

A view of the Chesapeake Bay Harbor Area in downtown Baltimore.

The lord said: I think thoughts of peace and not of affliction. You will call upon me, and I will answer you, and I will lead back your captives from every place.

                                                                       Jeremiah 29:11-12 & 14


In my trek southward, I've found Maryland to be a welcome change because it's a coastal state and the Atlantic Ocean's effects of warmer temperatures are OK with me. It's the smallest state that I've experienced and the Heritage Rail Trail was fun.

I was able to connect with some friends in Baltimore that I met earlier on this tour. We crossed paths on a ferry boat crossing the Mississippi River in New Orleans. Their hospitality was a nice change of pace. I truly enjoyed a few home cooked meals, clean laundry, a warm dry bed as well as a stunning sunset.

Reunited friends and hosts...Ursula and Steve

Hamming it up on Chesapeake Bay






Be alert at all times, praying that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man.

                                                                          Luke 21:36




To be near God is my happiness, to place my hope in God my Lord.

                                                                          Psalm 72:28


Traffic around the metropolitan Baltimore area is no joke. Although I'm getting acclimated to the urban culture, it's been important to preplan my route. Google mapping on the internet is most helpful because there's a bicycle icon that I haven't found on any other mapping search engines.

Statue of William Donald Schaefer...Baltimore mayor 1971-87, Maryland Governor 1987-95


While strolling around Baltimore's Harbor area, I noticed this statue of William Donald Schaefer. I'm including it in my blog because we share the same last name. Tocayo is a indian name for people who share the same names. That's what I am will one of Maryland's ex Governors...Tocayo. The name Schaefer is a German word for Shepard.



Amen, I say to you: Whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you will receive, and it shall be given to you, says the Lord.

                                                                      Mark 11:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment