Sunday, September 9, 2012

Toronto


Colorful Ontario flower in Bloom
May I never boast of anything except the Cross of the Lord, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
                                                                                     Galatians 6:14
Canada's largest city too!


The absolute best path to explore the waterfront areas

United Ontario Teachers make a public march in Queens Park

European architecture at The University of Toronto

The chalice of blessing that we bless is a communion in the Blood of Christ; and the bread that we break is a sharing in the Body of the Lord.
                                                                                      1 Corinthians 10:16

Shopping inside Toronto's Eaton Centre
Fresh Produce in Kensington

Fresh Fish at Kensington market

Kensington Mural

Mural artist at work in Kensington

Bloor Street Cafe near Kensington

Garden Car in Kensington...this vehicle is filled with dirt!

Garden Car girls

Tasty Indian cuisine served here at 1701 Bayview Avenue, Toronto

I spent a few nights at this hostel on King and Spadina


 How precious is your mercy, O God! The children of men seek shelter in the shadow of your wings.
Psalms 35:8


Toronto is the most cosmopolitan city I've ever visited. Lot's of non-native influence from many corners of the world. Although English is the official language, French is the most popular second language. For example, ingredient labels and directions for food preparation are usually listed in both tongues. People from Asia, Europe and the Middle East all seem to flourish here as well. A subway system offers alternate ways to get around town if you don't have a personal set of wheels. Traffic is a issue here, several times I've found myself moving faster on my bicycle thru streets filled with idling cars and trucks.

It wasn't easy to find an affordable bed around here. Two out of the three places I rented from had bed bugs...not a good memory. Many aspiring students are searching for housing in a market that's limited in availability.  In turn, I thought that the cost of sleeping quarters was exceptionally high. I guess that's a good problem to have if you're a landlord searching for tenants.
 
I enjoyed Kensington in downtown Toronto. Street markets, wall paintings and great murals prevail there. Queens Park was fun and I was impressed with the architecture at the University of Toronto. I felt like I was walking around Europe there with the steep rooftops and stone walled buildings. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment