Sunday, September 2, 2012

Going To Toronto


I picked up this Trail near Vanessa, Ontario...excellent riding

I am the light of the world, says the Lord; whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.
                                                                                           John 8:12

Some elephant grass in Oakville
Like a deer that yearns for running streams, so my soul is yearning for you, my God; my soul is thirsting for God, the living God.
                                                                            Psalm 41:2-3
Robert Spencer and some new Canadian friends in Port Credit


Some common markings and regulations on Rail Trails

I love these solitary trails...no motorized vehicles

A view of my campsite along a river..I truly enjoy rest in my hammock with bug net protection...quality sleep indeed!

Some beautiful Lake Ontario coastline
Victor or Jeff will give you great service here at 560 Plains Road E. in Burlington. www.neworldcycle.com

This Dundas restaurant serves the best French Fries


Some colorful flowers in Brantford, Ontario park



Jesus proclaimed the good news of the kingdom and cured every sickness among the people.
                                                                                        Mathew 4:23


I picked up a great Rails to Trails route near Vanessa, it's known as the spur to Brantford. This trail is part of the trans Canada  network of paths which encompass over 22,000 kilometers and they extend coast to coast. You can even use these to get into the arctic. No other country on earth has this amount of cycling, pedestrian, equestrian and snowmobiling routes to explore. No motorized vehicles are allowed on these designated routes.  I seek these routes out, without them the overall quality of my travels wouldn't be nearly as high. Personally, I enjoy getting off the roads and into the back country, The trails are generally pretty flat too because they used to be train tracks. The tracks and supporting tresses have been removed and replaced with crushed limestone. In some places they're even paved!      

One investment I've made on this tour is that of a hammock. I own a Eagle's Nest Outfitters (ENO) hammock, bug net, and rain fly. All are designed to go together. I can't compare the quality of my rest in these products to anything I've ever experienced. Hennesey also makes a quality hammock. You can purchase this merchandise at Recreational Equipment Incorporated (REI), or probably find it online. It helps to inquire about your choices with workers before making your final purchase. There are many choices indeed. 

I enjoyed the opportunity to meet some new friends on this leg. Most notably was real estate agent and investor Robert Spencer. If you're looking for any consultation about real estate, I'd look this guy up. He's with REMAX, 101-2691Credit Valley Road, Mississauga, Ontario L5M 7A1. Business #905-828-3434, toll free 1 866-838-3434, or rspencer@trebnet.com         

2 comments:

  1. Franki,
    I really enjoyed your pictures and info about the Canada bike trail system. Bill and I got back from a glorious weekend fishing and exploring Leech Lake. We caught some big walleyes (17", 19", 20" and 22"). We could only keep the 17" because of a slot limit. You have to throw back the bigger ones! The sunrise and sunsets were amazing on the lake. We love the outdoors. Thanks for the tip about the hammock. i may have to check one out at REI. We are thinking of purchasing a "Hawk" model pop up camper by Four Wheel (check them out online). The hammock would be perfect for our weekends in the woods. We are thinking of you! Daniel will be at my house Friday night....Take care! Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to learn about your weekend Paula. I bet the water is warm this time of year...good for swimming. I've seen big carp in rural Ontario rivers just by looking into the water. They aren't as tasty as walleye but they are entertaining to watch.

      Danny is looking forward to time in Minnesota this weekend, give him a hug a smile for me.

      Truly,

      FQS

      Delete