Sunday, September 16, 2012

Toronto-extended stay

Garden Car insignia..Every Picture Tells A Story Don't It?

I am the good Shepherd, says the Lord; I know my sheep, and mine know me.
                                                                         John 10:14
Oakville Harbor

Picturesque Lake Ontario Shoreline

Oakville Harbor yachts

Practicing Urban Skateboarder


Marked Parking Stall for adults with infants

Toronto's Royal Ontario Museum ROM


God has called us through the good news, to obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
                                                                                2 Thessalonians 2:14

Toronto has been a oasis for my tour. Although I didn't plan on staying in this 'Golden Horseshoe' area for as long as I have, I'm currently anchored here. Recent equipment problems have manifest themselves with a broken thread on my front fork that secures my front panniers. Additionally; the 'dropout' fork on my trailer broke and I'm waiting for the part to be delivered. In the interim, I've made some adjustments to my equipment and hope it lasts between here and Niagara Falls, NY where my parts are being delivered. The stability of my ride is effected do to these broken parts, so I need to take it slower for awhile. Fortunately, I've been able to secure my front pannier with a $0.86 hose clamp purchased at Home Depot. I think this will hold!

I haven't been doing the kind of mileage that I first anticipated in Canada. Originally, I planned to go around Lake Ontario and enter New York thru Kingston, ONT., but now I've decided to take the more direct route back to the USA. The days are growing shorter and the nights cooler so I'm probably better off heading south sooner as opposed to later.

A unique difference I've taken note of in Ontario are the parking stalls designed for expectant mothers and or families with small children. These stalls are marked with similarities to the handicapped parking stalls in the US. Usually closer to the main entrance of businesses. I think it's a respectful and courteous way to address parents of young children and mothers to be.

Me @ the ROM using a funky mirror
447 Speers Rd. Oakville...Alexandre's THE MAN!


105 Cross Ave., Oakville...fair prices



CYCLEPATH.CA 507 Speers Rd. Oakville...knowledgeable staff

547 Trafalgar Rd. Oakville...Ryan helped me with useful suggestions

Jay @ this 222 Queen St. So.  bike shop was very helpful...Mississauga

Quality food, unsurpassed staff with a WI-FI signal too. 2390 Lakeshore West...Oakville. www.oreganopizza.com
Another positive observation I want to inform my blog followers of is that of wine sampling in grocery stores and places that market wine. How are you supposed to learn about wines without some knowledgeable instruction. I've consumed a bigger variety wine in Canada than any other place on earth. Lot's of grapes are produced in Southern Ontario.  


You have laid down your precepts to be carefully kept; may my ways be firm in keeping your statutes.
                                                                                       Psalms 118:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment