Wednesday, May 23, 2012

More Gateway City

The Mighty River at Dusk

Sporting my New Hat


Northside Saint Louis Airport at night

No problems with these folks on my trek through town

I don't think this well feed Canadian Goose will be going far this summer
"And  we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit"
                                                                                                  2 Corinthians 3:18

I circumnavigated Saint Louis in a clockwise direction missing the downtown area and East Saint Louis, IL. The weather here has been outstanding for the most part, with the exception of one rainy night. Daytime temperatures hit the low 80's and the nights were clear and comfortable for sleeping outdoors.  One thing I notice as a general rule about North American cities is that the wealthier parts of town tend to be in the north. Saint Louis is no exception. The bike lanes widened, traffic loosened and the landscape opened up. I'm in Hazelwood now and I want to give the local Police Department a thumbs up for not being such "hard asses" compared with some of the other police forces I dealt with in neighboring municipalities.

Visiting the Botanical Garden and free Zoo are some activities that I would recommend to a tourist in the Saint Louis area. I've heard nice things about the vibrant downtown Soulard community as well.

The Great River Route is what I've followed most of the way from New Orleans to Saint Louis, but the Great River was mostly at quite a distance from the roads, most of the time. Engineers and planners are probably skeptical about developing  roads and property to close to the river because of the flood threats.

No comments:

Post a Comment