Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Baton Rouge-Plantation Country

Unique Baton Rouge eatery...GOOD FOOD!
To do what is right and just is better than sacrifice.
                                              Proverbs 21:3

Highway 61 out of New Orleans has been the most direct route for me to cycle to the Louisiana state capital city of Baton Rouge. The Big River has a variety of small roads that run next to it, but I haven't found them to be as safe as the Highway with the wide shoulder. The river roads wind with the river. If you follow them, you go about twice the distance compared to just riding the Big Road. The River roads are mostly 2 lane and shoulder less. Lot's of liquor stores, speeders and big smelly industry on the river too. So far, I like staying on the big road.

This past week I've recalibrated my routing. I'm moving north now instead of east to Florida. Hopefully, I'll visit Jackson  MS, Memphis TN, and Saint Louis MO, before moving northeast

1 comment:

  1. Frank, this is great! I am jealous. Sounds as though your enjoyngi life to the fullest. RRRRRRRRRRRRReerrrr!

    Deke

    ReplyDelete