Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Big City Houston

Refining Central...Houston, TEXAS!
Modern Architecture in Herman Park
Lake Houston
Galleria Mall (largest indoor mall in Texas)
Hamming it up with Houston skyline
Live on in me, as I do in you.
                         John 15:4

Houston is the largest geographical city in the county with over 600 square miles to call it's own. I've been on the west, central, north and now southeast sides. Galveston is my next major destination.

Although I've had 2 rear flats in the last 3 days I'm excited to have opportunity to continue on. Yesterday I crossed the Fred Hartman bridge from Baytown to LaPorte and witnessed some Atlantic Ocean for the first time on this trip. The water is magical and I'm not the only living thing to attest to this. The closer I get to the big body of water the more varied the wildlife becomes. I've seen white pelicans, and a variety of seagulls uncommon to me. Additionally, the sounds that come out of the birds has a tranquilizing affect on my approach to travels...the beautiful songs they sing are very diverse and it awakens me to appreciate God's creations with a newness and more patience. It's been raining off and on for the last day but I'm still going to get on down the road and try to make a few miles today.

2 comments:

  1. It was nice meeting you today, I hope you do well on your journey. I'll be following you all the way. If you need anything while you are in the Houston area, please contact me.

    Rex Covington
    rexjc@mac.com
    http://www.lonestarrider.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rex, thanks again for your interest and support in my travels.

    I'm in Buffalo, NY now and editing some older posts.

    Blessings and good health to you.

    ReplyDelete