Sunday, February 24, 2013

Moving East Again

Attractive Florida Peacock
Some people told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with the blood of their sacrifices. Jesus said to them in reply "Do you think that because these Galileans suffered in this way they were greater sinners than all other Galileans? By no means! But I tell you, if you do not repent, you will all perish as they did! Or those eighteen people who were killed when the tower of Siloam fell on them-do you think they were more guilty than everyone else who lived in Jerusalem? By no means! But I tell you, if you do not repent, you will all perish as they did!"

And he told them  this parable: "There once was a person who had a fig tree planted in an orchard, and when he came in search of fruit on it but found none, he said to the gardener, 'For three years now I have come in search of fruit on this fig tree but have found none. So cut it down. Why should it exhaust the soil?' He said to him in reply, 'Sir, leave it for for this year also, and I shall cultivate the ground around it and fertilize it; it may bear fruit in the future. If not you can cut it down.'"

                                                                        Luke 13:1-9
Fish Sculpture in Orlando's west side
Orlando hosts Dustin, Douglas & Nick 

 I felt I had to catch up with childhood friend Nick during my visit to Orlando, I found it to be time well spent. I had the opportunity to meet his wife Debbie and their 4 children Richy, Dustin, Douglas and Robby. Nick has been a part of the Campus Crusade for Christ ministries for more than 9 years in the Orlando area and it was refreshing and energizing to reconnect with him.

Part of touring is not to stay in one place for to long. That's why I've decided to head back east toward the bigger water and more populated Atlantic ocean side of Florida. I plan to complete this excursion in Fort Lauderdale with a cruise thru the Panama Canal that will take me back to San Diego (where I started).

  I took HWY 50 E out of Orlando to Titusville. Although I didn't have any problems on this road, I was told by some local folks that this is the one of the deadliest stretches of road in America for bikers. Many bicycle fatalities on record (especially around the town of Christmas, FL). It seemed like good road to me with ample shoulder and a smooth surface. However: after speaking with the local Sheriff's department and reconfirming the perils of this road, I decided to stay off it at night. If you decide to travel this road or any road after sunset, be sure to have lights in good working order on your bike because this road is very dark.

'Swampy' The World's largest Gator @ Jungle Adventures in Christmas, FL

Beautiful Central Florida Waterway

Airboat Travelers living large on the water
Helpful service staff at 2204 Edgewater Dr., Orlando
Yup, this is a live wild alligator I photographed from a bridge (he jumped in the water before I got closer).

No comments:

Post a Comment