Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Atlantic Coastlands

Southeastern America Coastal waterway

There was a wedding at Cana in Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there. Jesus and his disciples were also invited to the wedding. When the wine ran short, the mother of Jesus said to him, "They have no wine." And Jesus said to her, "Woman, how does your concern affect me? My hour has not yet come." His mother said to the servers, "So whatever he tells you." Now there were six stone water jars there for Jewish ceremonial washings, each holding twenty to thirty gallons. Jesus told them, "Fill the jars with water." So they filled them to the brim. Then  he told them, "Draw some out and take it to the headwaiter." So they took it. And when the headwaiter tasted the water that had become wine, without knowing where it came from-although the servers who had drawn the water knew-, the headwaiter called the bridegroom and said to him, "everyone serves good wine first, and when people have drunk freely, an inferior one; but you have kept the good wine until now." Jesus did this as the beginning of his signs at Cana in Galilee and so revealed his glory, and his disciples began to believe in him.

                                                                                  John 2:1-11

Clean rooms in Brunswick, GA





Scene from Captain Stan's Smokehouse restaurant...Kingsland, GA
Cement firefighter statue...Fire Museum Woodbine, GA
Enjoying some Atlantic Ocean open space
Hardworking local turnip & greens farmers

I'm happy to be able to move south.  I'm at a point in this tour where riding has been easy. Lot's of places to stop, rest, socialize and sight see.
 I did a tour a in 2009 where I took a more direct route from San Diego to the Milwaukee area. Then,  I took a train to the Seattle area and rode the Pacific coast back to San Diego. That was a tougher tour because my equipment wasn't as good. I went thru at least 3 rear wheels with countless broken spokes and my clothing wasn't as good. Additionally; I didn't have my front panniers for extra storage.

On this tour, I had a set of 40 hole double walled rims built with Phil Wood hubs.  I started out with wheel problems at the onset and barely made it to Phoenix. By the time I made it there, I was tightening my spokes 3 times a day! Basically, I had the same problems that I ended my 2009 trek with. Thankfully, I remembered a bike shop owner named Dennis who owns Rincon Cyclery in Carpenteria, CA. He told me what kind of wheels to buy for demands I had, and you know something? He was right! I haven't had any wheel problems since I've invested in the heartbeat of my equipment. MY WHEELS!  My 14 gauge spokes are laced in a 4 cross pattern and they've truly served my needs. Now that I have tour tested equipment and road experience,  my life's been a lot easier. Having a computer and a camera have embellished the quality of this trip as well.








No comments:

Post a Comment