Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Stateline Crossing

Keep on the Path of Righteousness.
                                  Proverbs 2:20


Although my stay in Tennessee is temporary, it's been time well spent. Before my arrival, I heard stories about the high crime rates and bad roads in Memphis, but that hasn't hindered my ability to have a good time and get around.

Local cyclist enjoying the Shelby Farms Greenline urban commuting trail

Also called The Volunteer State

Airplane @ Memphis's International Airport

Colorful Springtime Butterfly

A accessible waterway near the Greenline

Spring has sprung in Memphis!
I was informed that Memphis is one of the worst cities in the country for cyclists, however: I did find a functional urban route called the Shelby Farms Greenline. This paved recreational path is designed for pedestrian and bicycle travel. Motorized vehicles are outlawed on the Greenline. It's great  for commuting or just sight seeing. It does however go through a Federal prison area. I would stay off this trail at night. The marked bike lanes on the city streets were narrower than what I've experienced in other major American cities, but they were navigable.

I want to give a plug to the helpful folks (Steve & John) at Outdoors Inc. on Union Street.  John worked overtime on the broken off screw in my front fork. Thanks to his experience, persistence, insight, patience and battery powered drill; I'm back on the road with properly functioning equipment.

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy to see you're having fun. You are on the right track for sure! May the road show it's favor to you. Errol

    ReplyDelete
  2. you sure are a good looking brother! Posted other stuff in here but I did not do all of the necessary steps needed and they did not register.
    Man I wish they made posting a bit easier...you would probably get more response. Happy Peddling! I miss you Frankie!!

    ReplyDelete