Sunday, November 20, 2011

Kickback Time

Clear dry air meant bright star filled skies...hard to describe the beauty

Picturesque Southwestern American Landscape.


This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice in it.
                                                  Psalm 118:24

I've been staying pretty consistent with my approach toward this tour and I found Van Horn, TX  to be a nice place to rest and regenerate before the long haul to San Antonio. Our Lady of Fatima church and the Pilot with the WiFi signal have provided a nice haven to pass the time off the road. Although I missed tailwind riding opportunities yesterday and today, tomorrow has it's hopes.

More riders moving east have appeared and it's nice to share different riding perspectives and approaches to touring. Generally, I'm the slowest guy in the pack because I'm  not in a hurry to get anywhere fast. I carry more equipment than the average biker on tour not because I want to see how much weight I can pull around but to be as comfortable as possible. This stuff includes a tent big enough for me (3 person), 2 sleeping bags, cooking gear,  a good sized air mattress, a variety of wind breaker and rain jackets as well as extra biking shorts, socks, and a pair of biking sandals.  Additionally, I have several bike tubes and spare tires. The tires help to keep me off the ground at night when I camp out.

Hopefully I'll get on down the road with the wind at my back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment