Sunday, March 17, 2013

Wrapping Up This Tour



Atlantic ocean sunrise

 Jesus proceeded on his journey up to Jerusalem. As he drew near to Bethpage and Bethany at the place called Mount of Olives, he sent two of his disciples. He said, "Go into the village opposite you, and as you enter it you will find a colt tethered on which no one has ever sat. Untie it and bring it here. And if anyone should ask you, 'Why are you untying it? you will answer,'The Master has need of it.'" So those who had been sent off found everything just as he told them. And as they were untying the colt, its owners said to them, "Why are you untying this colt?" They answered, "The Master has need of it." So they brought it to Jesus, threw their cloaks over the colt, and helped Jesus to mount. As he rode along, the people were spreading their cloaks on the road; and now as he was approaching the slope of the Mount of Olives, the whole multitude of his disciples began to praise God aloud with joy for all the mighty deeds they had seen. They proclaimed:
"Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord.
Peace in heaven and glory in the highest."
Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to him, "Teacher, rebuke your disciples." He said in reply, "I tell you, if they keep silent, the stones will cry out!"

Luke 19:28-40


Curious Shorebird
I've had the opportunity to witness some majestic sunrises over the Atlantic ocean in Florida.

I'm wrapping this tour up in south Florida, and this will be my last blog. Thank you for living with me thru my dreams as they manifested into reality. It's been a pleasure sharing my stories and life with you and hopefully, you'll read all 79 of my posts.

Perhaps I'll tour more in the future. I'm toying with the idea of exploring America's Pacific northwest next. I'd work my way to the east coast from there. Northeastern America is one place I'd like to learn more about. God willing, more cycling tours will happen, but it's all in the dream phase now. At least that doesn't cost me anything. If my dreams become a reality, I'll compose more blogs. So be on the lookout for more to come. Time will tell.

Nesting local bird
1833 SE Fed Hwy, Stuart
I camped less in south Florida and spent my nights in hostels in Fort Lauderdale and Miami. Although Miami is considered one of the most bike friendly cities in America, you always need to exercise caution as a cyclist.

I saw tennis phenom Serena Williams driving a cream colored convertible Mercedes Benz on Biscayne Blvd in Miami. I learned from locals she frequents these parts, so I put the pieces together. I didn't want to distract her from the road by giving her a 'shoutout' while cycling because she was busy texting and driving.

Hopefully you found my blog educational and inspirational. I believe that touring by bicycle is the best way to travel. It's environmentally friendly and a excellent way to improve your cardiovascular health.

You can email me at fsts61@gmail if you have questions, concerns or issues in bicycle touring. 

Port St Lucie family...Carl & Helen


Great Products 8771 SE Bridge Rd, Hobe Sound








A few Fort Lauderdale yachts
Good selections 1001 E Sunrise Blvd. Ft Lauderdale
Best staff 1800 Biscayne Blvd, Miami
South Florida beach scene
Downtown Miami over picturesque waters
South Florida sunset...priceless!

1 comment:

  1. Sad to see you ending your tour. I enjoyed following you on your blog and it was a pleasure meeting you in Houston Texas.

    I'm glad you got to follow your dreams and I hope to get to do more. Most people don't even get to follow their dream, because never try.

    Good Luck To You Francis!

    Rex

    ReplyDelete